1. Combine milk, lemon juice and sugar in a small bowl or 2-cup measuring cup.
2. Whisk in the cornstarch and then whisk in the
3. Pour the marinade into a resealable plastic bag, add the chicken, and gently shake until the chicken is coated. Place the bag in the fridge and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Heat the shortening or oil in a frying pan to 365ºF. While the oil is heating, combine all the ingredients for the coating in a shallow bowl. Remove the chicken tenders from the bag a few at a time and thoroughly coat them in the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat until all the chicken is coated.
5. Once the oil is heated, fry the chicken from between 2 to 4 minutes per side, depending on how big your tenders are.
6. Remove the cooked chicken and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool off. Repeat until all the chicken is cooked.