What are you bringing to America's birthday celebration this year? Burgers? Barbecue? Some sort of tasty side dish? Whatever you settle on, we've got the best recipe for it! Check out our website for our huge list of Sh*t-centric recipes, ranging from barbecue and burgers (duh!) to salads (potato salad, pasta salad, salad dressing) and even desserts.
Nothing goes better with exploding fireworks than flavor explosions, if you ask us. Good thing we've got you covered on that front. And this month, we're sending you yet another amazing barbecue recipe so you can impress your buds... and your taste buds. Get ready!
Give-a-Shit Gift Pack + DipShit Sampler
Gift Pack includes 3 bottles of gourmet seasonings
(you choose which ones!)
PLUS 3 each of DipShit for Fruit and DipShit for Vegetables
This offer is only available through this newsletter and expires 7/31/19.
Recipe: Spicy BBQ Chicken
Spicy BBQ Chicken
Barbecue chicken: it's juicy, messy, sticky, and delicious--- especially with an extra kick of AwShit! This mouth-watering, finger-licking chicken will leave you speechless (your mouth will be full!).
* One 3 1/2-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces * Kosher salt * Cold water * 1/2 cup minced onion * 2 large garlic cloves, minced * 4 Tbsp unsalted butter * 2 Tbsp AwShit * 1 Tbsp SpecialShit * 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar * 1/2 cup cider vinegar * 1/2 cup tomato paste * 2 Tbsp molasses
1. Dissolve 1/4 cup of kosher salt in 2 quarts of cold water in a large bowl. Add the chicken; refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook over low heat until softened. Add the AwShit and SpecialShit; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add 1 cup of water, the brown sugar and vinegar and bring to a simmer. Stir in the tomato paste and molasses and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes. Let the sauce cool.
3. Light your grill. Drain the chicken and pat dry, then grill over a moderately low fire, turning a few times, until just cooked through; about 25 minutes for the white meat; about 35 minutes for the dark meat.
4. Set aside half of the barbecue sauce; brush the remaining sauce on the chicken. Continue grilling the chicken for 10 minutes, or until nicely glazed. Serve with the reserved sauce.
As we celebrate the birth of our nation, let's pause to appreciate all that we have and how far we have come. Have a safe and wonderful Independence Day!